” Contrasting flecks of colour, heavy textural paint and expressive brush strokes combine to bring greater depth and mood to each painting.” Read more –>
Click on image for higher resolution:
I am inspired by everyday images around me. Recently I painted a series of paintings in various cities including London.
Working as an illustrator for over 15 years has provided valuable experience in developing a backbone of drawing, conceptual ideas and painting techniques. My client list varies from The Times newspapers, Daily Express, Daily Mail, Time magazine, ad campaign for Smirnoff, a stamp for Royal Mail and concepts for a product range for W.H.Smith.
. Throughout his career Akib has won many awards; including in 2009 the SAA (Society of All Artists) Artist of the Year, having won the Professional title in 2005 and 2007.
Runs regular demonstrations and workshops throughout the country.
- 1987 Highly Commended, Cadbury’s Young Artist of the Year
- 2000 Braintree Summer Open, Hannay Award
- 2005 International Artist Publication, ‘Favourite Subjects’
- 2005 Winner SAA Professional Artist 05
- 2006 The Royal Society of Marine Artists exhibition, Mall Galleries
- 2006 The Royal Institute of Oil Painters, Mall Galleries
- 2019 Painting Portraits in Acrylics -Launch, August 2019
- 2017 Painting Urban and Cityscapes,
- 2016 Vibrant Acrylics including basic techniques,
- 2012 “Vibrant Acrylics, Part 1
Style: Cityscape & Landscape